How many times have you said to yourself, “I want to lose weight. I want to look better and feel better. I want to have a slender, fit body!” Most people who have tried to lose weight you run into at least one of the five biggest obstacles to weight loss.
1. You can’t stick with it..
2. You hate exercise.
3. You’re always hungry.
4. You lose weight, then hit a plateau.
5. You lose weight, then gain it back again.
In this article I will show you a weight loss method of utilizing weight loss affirmations that harnesses the hidden power of your subconscious mind to help guarantee success. It is a technique you can use alone, or in conjunction with any other diet or weight loss program, to safely lose excess weight fast and keep it off for good.
Little Known Facts About Weight Loss
Even under the best of programs, if you manage to reach your ideal weight, the chances are less than 1 in 20 that you will keep the weight off for more than a year.
The key to success in any weight loss program must include an exploration, discovery, and recalibration of all the hidden motivations and resources in the subconscious mind. The reason that most weight loss programs offer temporary successes is because they address the problem from the outside in. The real answer to weight loss is from the inside out. Let me explain.
From birth we develop an intense relationship, a fondness, and comfort factor with food. Food becomes more than nourishment; it is acceptance, warmth, and love. So we eat for more reasons than just being hungry. We often eat because our friends are eating, because we’re bored, or worried, or sad, or because we want to reward ourselves with tasty desserts or candy.
Where the Subconscious Mind Comes Into Action
Your desires, emotions, and motivations are based in your subconscious mind. It is the center of what makes you “you.” What’s more, the subconscious is so powerful, it is virtually impossible for us to follow a life course the subconscious mind doesn’t believe in. Try as you might, if you consciously tried to do something that your subconscious doesn’t want to do, you are actually doomed to failure.
It is the subconscious mind that continually sabotages the best efforts of the conscious mind to lose weight. So the question becomes can we change the programming and are subconscious mind? Can we possibly find a way to get the subconscious mind to work for us instead of against us in our battle to lose weight? Fortunately, the answer is yes. We can change what is in our subconscious mind and one of the most powerful ways to do that is through weight loss affirmations.
How Weight Loss Affirmations Work
At the heart of this affirmation program are statements that allow you to reach into your subconscious mind and readjust your motivations and emotions. They have you transform yourself into a thin person. The more you repeat these affirmations the more they become your internal guidance system. They reshape your self-image, your desires and behaviors and most fortunately your ideas about food. Then, before you know it, you’ll no longer crave the amounts and types of food that are causing you to be overweight.
As you repeat the affirmation you will find that they will become your new internal self talk. For your entire life you have been listening to and following the scripts written for you by your parents, friends, relatives, educational systems, and others. These thought habits, attitudes and inner beliefs form the strengths or shackles you live with. They are what has been preventing you from breakthroughs in the weight control that you truly want. These factors will continue limiting you for the rest of your life unless you take positive steps to change them.
Have You Ever Had Thoughts Like This?
Virtually every day we have dozens of thoughts about the way we are, or what our life is like, or perhaps what would like to have in life, and each time we have a reaction to these thoughts by her subconscious. You might think, for instance, “I sure wish I could lose weight, but I don’t seem to be able to. I guess it’s just not meant to be because no matter what I try I can’t control my weight.” The first part of the thought comes from the conscious mind expressing the desire to lose weight. But, the commentary comes from the subconscious limiting belief that you just can’t do it. That subconscious commentary strengthened every time you allowed to pass through your mind, or you speak the words. This is why so many people continue to fail at weight control and eventually give in to feelings of helplessness.
It is not enough to try to achieve permanent weight control at a conscious level, by learning what to eat and what not to eat, by studying about the physiology of that, but becoming an expert on this or that diet. It is not enough to force weight loss by struggling and exerting tremendous willpower or psyching yourself up at a conscious level. This only results in temporary weight loss. Lasting, permanent weight control must come from the inside out by changing the beliefs and body image held in your subconscious mind.
How to Most Effectively Do Affirmations for Weight Loss
The most effective way to apply your affirmations is to do them while in a relaxed state. By repeating carefully selected positive affirmations targeting weight loss issues you can embed new thought processes throughout all levels of your mind including your subconscious. Relaxing your conscious mind enables you to directly access the subconscious. I recommend that you do this on a daily basis for several weeks or as long as necessary to achieve and maintain your ideal weight.
A good time to do your affirmations is in the morning when you first wake up or in the evening before you go to sleep. Those are the two times during the day when it is most easy to access the subconscious mind. When you repeat affirmations for weight loss regularly they will strengthen your determination and commitment, and willpower to free yourself of unnecessary pounds. This breakthrough mental reprogramming method works directly with your self-talk habits (what you say to yourself in your mind) to eliminate negative self-statements.
These are the Simple Steps to Take
1. To effectively complete your affirmations select a time and place when you will not be distracted for at least 15 minutes.
2. Arrange yourself comfortably in the chair and check your body to be sure each part of you feels comfortable. Rearrange yourself if necessary so that you are as comfortable as possible.
3. Begin with a comfortable deep breath slowly in through your nose, hold it for an instant, notice the tightness the full breath brings to your chest, and then release it gently out your mouth. Feel the tension and tightness leave your body and notice yourself beginning to relax.
4. Know that you have set this time aside for yourself and there is nothing else that you need to do. Just be with this process and allow yourself to relax.
5. Take another deep breath in through your nose filling your lungs and noticing any tightness throughout your body. As you exhale gently out your mouth notice you relax even further.
6. Keep your jaw loose and relaxed by separating your teeth slightly, and move into a very calm, restful, peaceful state.
7. As you continue breathing naturally and normally notice the relaxation spreading through your entire body. Each muscle is becoming loose and relaxed, and your nerves are relaxed and quiet.
8. Repeat the following affirmations for weight loss to yourself:
- I am relaxed.
- I am peaceful & calm.
- I feel good.
- My body naturally sheds unneeded fat.
- I have full ability to control my weight.
- My appetite is easily satisfied with a small amount of food.
- My body gets all the nutrients it needs.
- My body is dissolving excess fat for it no longer needs it.
- I am strong and healthy.
- My appetite for fattening foods has dissolved.
- I see myself slender, fit, and trim.
- I am easily satisfied with meals.
- I am calm and relaxed when I eat.
- I have tremendous self-control to hold to my diet.
- I have a strong urge to eat only health-giving and nutritious foods.
- I feel good about myself.
- My body is strong and healthy.
- I take good care of my body.
- I do a healthy amount of exercise regularly.
- I like myself.
- I have perfect control of my weight.
- I refuse junk food.
- I eat healthy foods only.
- I love nutritious foods.
- I am attaining and maintaining my ideal weight.
Acknowledge to yourself, “I feel whole and complete as I continue my normal activities now.”
The weight loss affirmations will help you to change your inner outlook about yourself, your body, and your diet. Most diets fail because they try to force a person to do something the subconscious mind doesn’t want to do. By using willpower a person is supposed to stay away from the foods they love and they may feel hungry. The subconscious mind can interpret this as being starved. But with the affirmations for weight loss you are able to gradually change your desires and development tastes. This way, you go for the right foods naturally, in healthy proportions, you feel satisfied, and you reach your desired weight goals.
Your subconscious will now be working with your conscious mind to make sure that you eat foods which are good for you. Your subconscious will no longer want to overeat. To help make this easier for you I have recorded numerous guided visualizations, and both audible and subliminal affirmations in my Winng at Losing Weight audio program.