Albert Einstein said, “Imagination is greater than knowledge. Think about it. Every accomplishment, every work of art, every worthwhile creation was once a clear image in someone’s mind. Learning to visualize or to ‘see’ impressions in your mind’s eye is the key to success. Great artists, inventors, and business people throughout history have used this secret. They have cultivated the ability to visualize and consequently succeeded in accomplishing incredible feats.
The term “visualization” simply refers to forming impressions, concepts, feelings or pictures in your mind. Visualization is incredibly powerful because the vivid images held in your mind eventually take root in your life. The key here is that you begin to see yourself doing, being and achieving. It is not about seeing yourself trying to succeed, but about seeing yourself actually succeeding!
You Can Visualize Now
You can experience visualization right now. Close your eyes and in your mind’s eye see yourself arriving home. Unlock your front door, enter and set your things down. Now sit in your favorite chair. See yourself relaxing into your chair and smiling.You are very content. How do you feel? If you have a vivid imagination, chances are you were able to see or sense yourself in that chair. You may even have experienced a moment of relaxation. This is an example of how powerful visualization can be.
”Thanks for your programs which are guided and inspiring me daily. I feel so new, so alive, so expectant for all the wonderful things in my life!” –T.M., Maine
The power of visualization was illustrated in an experiment at the University of Chicago. Students, all with about the same ability in basketball, were divided into three groups and asked to shoot foul shots. The percentage of baskets each team made were recorded. The first group was then told not to practice or play basketball for thirty days. The second group was told to practice shooting foul shots every day for one hour for thirty days. And, the third group was told not to go on a basketball courts al all for thirty days, but to practice shooting foul shots in their mind for an hour each day.
At the end of thirty days, there were some fascinating results. As you would expect, Group 1, who had not practiced at all, had made no improvement over their original percentage of baskets made. Group 2, the group that had actually practiced, had improved their performance by 24%. Group 3, who had not set foot on a basketball court, who had only imagined shooting baskets in their mind, had improved their performance by a phenomenal 23%, almost the same improvement as the group who had actually played basketball! The reason? The subconscious doesn’t distinguish between an actual event and a vividly imagined one.
”Through Jonathan Parker’s visualization techniques, I have created a new person and a new body. If you saw me before, you wouldn’t believe that I’m the same person.” –F.C., Ohio
It is medically and scientifically recognized that visualized images actually bring about psychological and physiological changes to virtually the same degree as direct experience. This principle is now being used in numerous medical applications as well as to accelerate learning, to improve athletic performance to promote successful career achievement, etc.
The guided visualization sessions in our audio programs teach you to use this remarkable ability to create mental images that will help you create the kind of life you desire. The visualization sessions in the programs involve a 3-step process:
1. You are gently guided to achieve a comfortable state of physical relaxation and mental clarity.
2. Step-by-step suggestions lead you to create positive images to replace negative beliefs, emotions, and memories.
3. Specific guided instructions help you to reprogram your mind with positive, constructive beliefs and images of how you want to be and what you want to experience.
Through your programs I have attained personal goals a few years ago I would have believed completely impossible. I am still learning and growing, and I am so thankful for all the love and care you have put into each program I have received. I am forever grateful…” –R.P., New Mexico
Visualization Doesn’t Necessarily Mean Visual Images
If you follow the guidance in our audio programs, you will receive some type of impressions. But remember, visualizations emerge in various and sometimes surprising or subtle ways. The variation is because people’s minds work differently. Some people are more visual thinkers and can generate detailed mental pictures, colors, and images in their minds. They can actually close their eyes and see vivid mental “movies.” Others are conceptual thinkers, who don’t see “movies” but receive conceptual impression, ideas, feelings, inner knowing or realizations. Some people receive a combination of images and impressions, falling somewhere between the two extremes. Others even perceive spoken words and information, hearing with their “inner” ear.
Avoid expectations about how your imagination works, and don’t worry if at first the images are vague. Fixed expectations or worries about whether you’re doing it right tend to block impressions. The idea is to be completely open and receptive to whatever images or concepts come to your inner mind.
Whatever you perceive can produce results because those impressions are being absorbed directly by your subconscious mind. Impressing your subconscious mind with positive intent is the object of the relaxed visualization sessions.
When you first begin your program, you may find yourself arguing with some of the positive statements saying, “This is jut not me,” or “I could never be this way.” Don’t worry if this happens. It is simply your mind responding to the old subconscious programming it has been repeating for so many years. As time goes on, the negative self-talk will grow less and less, and the positive changes in your life will grow greater and greater.
Practice makes perfect! Your ability to visualize or imagine will improve remarkably the more you practice! It makes no difference how your impressions appear. Just as each of us imagines in a different way, each person has his or her unique way of visualizing. There is no need to judge or compare yourself to anyone else. Over the weeks and months, as you use these programs, you will find that you become quite skilled at these techniques.
1. Relax and enjoy using your imagination. It’s fun!
2. Whatever impressions come are uniquely yours. Cherish them! (Some people keep a notebook to write or draw the images they perceive. Often this keeps motivation high and direction clear.)
3. Listen to the guided sessions in the programs again and again! You will find that you never tire of the treasures you discover on these inner journeys! If you find that you want to spend more time using your imagination and visualizing on your own while listening to a program, simply put the program on pause and continue on your own. Continue when you are ready to listen to the rest of the program.
4. While you are experiencing the guided sessions, you will often have amazing insights and ideas you want to remember. However, as vivid as these experiences are, they tend to fade from your memory much like a dream fades after you wake up. To clearly retain what you have learned, you might find it helpful to keep a notebook nearby so you can immediately record the details of your experiences in the guided sessions. Or, if you want to remember your experiences and don’t have the time or patience to write them all down, record them with a voice-activated recorder while you are experiencing the sessions. Speaking aloud will not necessarily bring you out of your relaxed state, rather it can help you to focus and retain the details.
Positive Affirmations for Personal Power
Affirmations are positive, present tense statements which address a specific area in your life that you wish to change. Positive affirmations are one of the most powerful tools you can use to cause changes in your subconscious. The innovative way we have combined them in our audio programs makes them especially effective.
Positive statements or affirmations are incorporated into most of the guided relaxation sessions, as well as our audible and subliminal affirmation programs. Words express the thoughts, attitudes and beliefs that are held by your subconscious mind. Impressing positive affirmations into your subconscious mind will gradually bring about the changes you desire.
To help you get the most out of your positive affirmations:
1. Repeat each affirmation out loud or in your mind as you listen. Repetition is extremely valuable because your subconscious mind will accept what it is told over and over again. This becomes the basis for specific qualities, behavior,or experience you want to manifest in your life.
2. Express strong emotion as you repeat the affirmations. Your subconscious mind is more receptive to emotionally charged statements.
3. Involve many senses. Visualize and imagine affirmations. Say them as you listen. Write them down and read them to yourself whenever the opportunity arises throughout the day.
4. Focus your efforts. It is best to choose two or three areas of your life to work on and concentrate on these first.